38. TO ALL NATIONS (Luke 24:44-53)
GLAD TIDINGS: As to what Jesus is now doing in heaven, see Hebrews
- According to Jesus, what is the message his disciples should preach and where should they preach it?
- Why would Jesus give such a task to 11 uneducated men?
- Which things opened the minds of the disciples to understand the Old Testament?
- What must happen in order for us to understand the Old Testament?
- Jesus calls his disciples as witnesses (vs. 48). What do they have to witness about?
- What should we witness about and to whom?
- The word "witness" could also be translated as "martyr". What made the disciples ready even to die for the sake of the
- Jesus promises his followers power from on high. Why is this power indispensable for the witnesses of Jesus?
- Do you think you have already received power from on high and if you have,
- Paul, the greatest missionary ever, describes this power from on high like this: (The leader should read
Romans 1:16 and
2.Cor.12:9-10.) Discuss: how does the power of God differ from the usual meaning of the word
- According to this text, what are the terms of becoming a missionary?
- Why didn't Jesus stay on this earth in bodily form?
- How did the ascension happen?
- What made the disciples happy even though their Lord had been taken away from
- Discuss: was it as easy for the disciples to communicate with Jesus after his ascension, as it was while he was still on earth?
- How often are you conscious that Jesus is near you as your invisible friend?
© 2012 Glad Tidings Bible Studies - www.gladtidings-bs.com